• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My short saga, Ok anyone with a TEP rear brace

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

steveos_car_tiny.jpg

I attached the nagative of the battarhy to the brace and that seems to have enough ground. From the alternator the negative is attached to the block and the block is grounded to the bodt by the radiator.

Seems to work well this way for me.

trunk.jpg

Guest Anonymous

where did you attached the negative battery cable(ground) I did it like in the instruction and my alternator wire still smoking.

Do I have to run to grounds from the battery or one from the block somewhere. Any ideas welcome car up in the air right now waiting.

TIA Rey 74tii

Guest Anonymous

I just moved my battery and replaced the block to battery cable with a 2 gauge copper sidepost to bolt cable. It's fatter than the 1 gauge battery to chassis cable in the trunk, but that's probably a good thing... The side post terminal works perfectly for the block side, it's a solid, wide, contact that fits the bolt and washer and looks fucking sick. I just filed down the fat side and stuck the bolt with washers through the recessed side. Bolt the other end to the existing chassis ground location in the engine compartment and clean all the metal with sand paper while your in there. Kragen sells these exide Nascar Select cables for like 5 bucks, they are decent. Hope that helps...

Thanks,

Elliot