• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with DCOE manifolds/linkage

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

inlet-manifolds.jpg

Hi, I have the type of manifolds that are in the picture (pic is from the netherlands turbo site) with the vertical shaft on the #3 tube. Mine has a part that swivels on the shaft with two horizontal arms separated by about 100 degrees. Each horizonal arm has a ball-type linkage thing on the end. I was wondering how to hook up the linkage with this thing to make it work with a set of DCOEs. Is there an easy way to adapt the stock 71 carb linkage to make it work with this? Does anyone have any clear pictures of this setup? Thanks,

Eddy

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I was thinking of going cable style anyway...but it just seems weird the way that pivot is set up, I don't understand how it would work with the stock setup.

Eddy

Guest Anonymous

Hey Eddy, They look like the same manifolds that I have. TI manifolds. I'm not too sure if your trying to use the stock setup, but what i'm using is Ireland Engineering "pull down" cable setup. It made it sooo much easier than messing with rods, and linkages. I'm just suggesting somthing that has worked really well for me. Check it out, or give them a call. Nice people to deal with. ...Kevin

Guest Anonymous

That setup is working for me too. My manifolds look identical to the ones in that pic, with the vertical post on #3 and little return spring perch(es). The Ireland center-pull system works pretty well so far.

picture.JPG