• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust Heat Shield

New to E10. Mine in a 73 that does not have one of these and I am not sure if it was supposed tp. Do you know what year these came on? Thanks for making me smarter on these cars. 

11 hours ago, oldbugr said:

New to E10. Mine in a 73 that does not have one of these and I am not sure if it was supposed tp. Do you know what year these came on? Thanks for making me smarter on these cars. 

I am not 100% sure if all 2002s came with these heat shields but I believe so. If you look at your exhaust manifold, you should see the 4 holes that are threaded to accept the bolts that mount this shield. 

Someone else who is more of an 02 History buff can chime in with any further detail. 

Mine has one hole below to fasten. It is directly inline with the front. There are two screws on top that look to be the distance to fasten a shield. Wonder if the early only had three fasteners. 

IMG_2934.jpeg