• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Welded holders for garage or garden

theNomad

Just for kicks I thought I'd offer these here.

Each a one-off hand made creation.

A whimsical way to organize pens/tools in the garage? 

Each is ready to paint or allow natural patina to set in. 

$45 plus USPS shipping for figure versions

$25 plus USPS shipping for nut/bolt versions

PM me if interested. 

20231220_160416.jpg

20231221_144238.jpg

20231221_144256.jpg

20231221_144315.jpg

20231220_160359.jpg

20231220_155849.jpg

Edited by theNomad
  • Like 5

Hey Nomad,

I love the sculpture! I have a separate question. I have been planning a restoration on my ’74 02 and have studied much of your blog as it will be useful for my work. You have responded to my inquiries in the past. I was just rereading the battery move and then the e24 seat install. My heart just jumped when I saw something I had not before. You said that the e24 seats interfered with the seats and you ended moving the battery to the trunk? Did I read that wrong? If it is the case I need to rethink a bunch and some pre work will be scrapped. Thanks for any light you can shed and I hope I misread things.

Ed

On 12/29/2023 at 9:06 AM, Ed Jenkins said:

Hey Nomad,

I love the sculpture! I have a separate question. I have been planning a restoration on my ’74 02 and have studied much of your blog as it will be useful for my work. You have responded to my inquiries in the past. I was just rereading the battery move and then the e24 seat install. My heart just jumped when I saw something I had not before. You said that the e24 seats interfered with the seats and you ended moving the battery to the trunk? Did I read that wrong? If it is the case I need to rethink a bunch and some pre work will be scrapped. Thanks for any light you can shed and I hope I misread things.

Ed

The way I installed the E24 seats and the battery made me rethink the location.  I trimmed the rear fiberglass on the seats which gets them to lay back a little more to a comfy position. If I did it again I'd probably leave them as is since nobody has really sat back there. This allowed the seat bottom (and its structure) to drop down an inch or two to the battery location. I have a small agv battery and I could have probably laid it flat, added a small brace to raise the front of the seat kick panel, or something. Others have purchased lithium batteries which look very slim. There's many ways to do it, so I won't say mine is indicative of every situation. I got the battery on clearance for $40 and I refused to spend anything more, so I made due with what I had, which was extra cable.

Also, some e24 seats look a little different underneath