• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bmw 2002 M10 engine

sean20emery

Price: $1000

Description:

For sale is my M10 engine out of my 1970 bmw 2002. the engine was rebuilt roughly 4k ago (back in 2016). it runs smooth and pulls hard. 90% of the 4K miles were put on in the last year. when i bought the car i was told the block was honed and machined, new piston rings were installed, new bearings, the head was rebuilt and new valve seals installed on the exhaust side only. block paint still looks good and under the valve cover is still very clean from rebuild. that being said it does smoke a little bit on deacceleration mostly when cold. and also the timing cover is leaking just under the timing chain tensioner. timing cover seal kit will be sold with the engine. compression checked out at 135 to 140 and leak down test was also good.

new waterpump and intake gasket and the weber 38 was all rebuilt/replaced in the last 6 months. 90 wtt alternator will come with engine.

could also be sold with good 4 speed.

i’m pulling the engine within a week to put in a built motor.

i have a video of cold start upon request and also plan on taking a video of it pulling/driving and the minor smoke on deacceleration. block is a 1973 with an e21 head from 1975

48DDBDF0-8CF5-4E64-A453-44041E68DAE2.thumb.png.b7365b5690fc2ddfd858964fd7afe159.pngEAB9D83E-337F-4DBB-8CAA-D9A28A6BDEA2.thumb.png.03d9ddc532e50771ae3d66deda55567e.png

1500 obo

Edited by sean20emery
price change

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i’m not certain about the exact piston or cam type as i’ve never had it open. but considering the power difference compared to my other stock 02’s and e21’s i suspect it does have a hotter cam. and since the block is a 1973 block, 9.1 compression wouldn’t be out of the realm of possibility.  

if you decided you wanted to move forward and arranged shipping and pick up i would have no problem palletizing and securing the engine for shipping.