• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bottlecaps just for now.. I promise.

larry_in_socal

8 hours ago, larry_in_socal said:

Well, I officially now have a roller!!!

I ordered a set of lug nuts from  Aardvarc Racing, and had to sort out my tire situation, unfortunately two of the tires that came with the set of wheels were the wrong size and after sourcing two good used tires, I now have a rolling car with Bottle-Caps on 195-65-14 ....

Next I plan to work on both Clutch and Brake Hydraulics so I can officially have a "drive-able" car.. almost there...

IMG_1810.jpg.4c7b672183e0acfe388357fb2d224283.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg.79a15351b5aa63b6d1bdb9a0e4ee98d5.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg.14698d6168b747d5c0445d57d5d9427b.jpg

I like the mesh wheels your replacing… what are they and what are you gonna do with them?

15 hours ago, Pablo M said:

Nice. Black is good too. 
we share priorities. I’m currently doing a brake system refresh to get it reliably drivable lol. 

Yep. I have been reading your posts, did you ever get those rear adjusters to move? Did your brake system run dry? and did you need to replace your master brake cylinder?

I'm going to dig into both the clutch and brake system on my car in about a week or so, still gathering all the parts. 

36 minutes ago, larry_in_socal said:

Yep. I have been reading your posts, did you ever get those rear adjusters to move? Did your brake system run dry? and did you need to replace your master brake cylinder?

I'm going to dig into both the clutch and brake system on my car in about a week or so, still gathering all the parts. 

Haven’t gotten back to the rear adjusters yet. Just been soaking them repeatedly with PB and the home made mix. I’ve been busy with a dozen other projects in the meantime lol. And every project takes forever because I’m cleaning/painting as I go. 

Brake system hasn’t gone dry. I added, having read several places here, Saran Wrap over top of the reservoir, tight under the cap. Hasnt been much loss of fluid with all the brake lines coming off. I’d say it worked. 
I have a new reservoir and lines to master to install as well.l (reservoir replacement kit from Ireland Engineering).  I’m sure it’ll run dry except the master when I do that lol. 
I’m not replacing the master or booster though…at least not planning to right now lol. Also just got my second replacement front caliper and they sent wrong side. And correct side not available. Grr, another delay. Might try rebuilding that one as it was in much better shape than the other rusted one. 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

1 hour ago, Rob Zaeos said:

What part of SoCal are you in? I’m in Santa Monica and know one other 02 here near me…. Fairly new to the area so always looking for fellow enthusiasts -Rob

Ha! I’m in Santa Monica too, north of Wilshire! Where are you at? 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1 hour ago, Rob Zaeos said:

What part of SoCal are you in? I’m in Santa Monica and know one other 02 here near me…. Fairly new to the area so always looking for fellow enthusiasts -Rob

Hey Rob, thanks for asking, I live in North Rialto, about 70 miles East of Santa Monica. Neighboring Freeways are the 210  and 15 freeways. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, larry_in_socal said:

Hey Rob, thanks for asking, I live in North Rialto, about 70 miles East of Santa Monica. Neighboring Freeways are the 210  and 15 freeways. 

I grew up in Fontana! 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

28 minutes ago, Pablo M said:

Ha! I’m in Santa Monica too, north of Wilshire! Where are you at? 

Hi Pablo! I’m near Centinela and Pico. Always down to meet up and talk cars or lend a hand if anyone needs help tinkering (on my second 02 and I used to own a motorcycle shop in seattle so fairly handy). I’ve met one other guy, Todd, in SM and there is a malga car a couple blocks away I’m determined to meet one day😂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob Zaeos said:

Hi Pablo! I’m near Centinela and Pico. Always down to meet up and talk cars or lend a hand if anyone needs help tinkering (on my second 02 and I used to own a motorcycle shop in seattle so fairly handy). I’ve met one other guy, Todd, in SM and there is a malga car a couple blocks away I’m determined to meet one day😂

Nice car! Following you in IG now lol. 
I think we saw you driving on Lincoln sometime in the last few weeks, around the O’Reilly’s on one of our supply runs lol. 
do you know Garry and Sergio? Looks like they follow you too and are SoCal local (Pasadena area). 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

43 minutes ago, Pablo M said:

Nice car! Following you in IG now lol. 
I think we saw you driving on Lincoln sometime in the last few weeks, around the O’Reilly’s on one of our supply runs lol. 
do you know Garry and Sergio? Looks like they follow you too and are SoCal local (Pasadena area). 

Nice! I’ll follow back and stop hijacking this thread! 😂

• Haha 1