• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FS: 76 Fnt Seat Frames (ready for uphostery)

rdeeble

Price: $300

Description:

Dad always taught to leave things nicer than you found them...

These are refurbished 76 seat frames and all hardware prepped and ready for upholstery. These seats came out of a  "sunroof" car which means they sit about 1" lower than seats from a standard roof model (fun fact huh?) - so if you are a bit on the taller side these will be perfect height. Asking $350 + ship.

Short of media blasting (and one recline cable), these are fully refurbished and ready for upholstery. They have been sanded with a rotary wire brush and painted with Rust Reformer Paint (to prevent further rusting). All screws were replaced with stainless steel including the wheel rivet with screw/hex nut to make it easier to install cables. 3 of the s cables were in good shape (one needs to be replaced). All plastic cable guides are  intact although a few are chipped. All recliner springs intact.  If you want me to source the missing cable so its all ready to go just let me know and I'll give you separate pricing for that part. Should you want to go the extra mile and media blast it will be easy to do as all the hardware is removable, but given that you will never see these again after upholstery I would just call it good.

Seats: 
76 stock from a Sunroof Car - this means they sit 1" lower than standard roof seats.

Prep:

1. Frames were all wire brushed meticulously with a rotary drill wirebrush.  IF you want to take them to next level you could media blast them but I don't think it’s necessary.

2. Frames were painted with black rust stop paint to prevent further rusting (with the exception of the frame bar which I shined up for fun.

3. Hardware replaced with stainless, including hinge screws.

4. Recline pully wheels are in great shape - I drilled out the rivet and replaced with a stainless screw/nylon locking nut.  This makes it really easy to reinstall cabling.

5. 3 of 4 recline cables are in great shape (1. long cable should be replaced)

6. All plastic cable guides intake - most of them in great shape (there are a few with chips/cracks but still in working order)

7. The top spring plates are intact with spring (these are unicorns).

8. Vinyl trim cap is intact for both seats (also unicorns)

9. All  hinges are refurbished with all of their springs

10. Head rests have been painted with clear por15 to stop rust but you may want to re-chrome.

Shipping will be a bitch but I have them boxed up so can get you pricing fairly easily

IMG_6301.jpg

IMG_6302.jpg

IMG_6303.jpg

IMG_6304.jpg

IMG_6305.jpg

IMG_6307.jpg

IMG_6308.jpg

IMG_6309.jpg

IMG_6311.jpg

IMG_6338.thumb.jpg.2205a31987dd228171fc868d2af4f7af.jpg

IMG_6397.thumb.jpg.06adac5f1151952585712b636a3f71f3.jpg

Edited by rdeeble
updated price

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

• rdeeble changed the title to For Sale: restored 76 Front Seat Frames (stock)
  • rdeeble changed the title to For Sale: 76 Front Seat Frames (stock)
  • rdeeble changed the title to FS: 76 Fnt Seat Frames (ready for uphostery)

Need some inspiration?  Here are mine after upholstery (different set of frames).

Seat Frames still available - you can just drop them off to your upholstery guy and keep on driving while he works on em.

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

3 hours ago, esty said:

that color sure turned out nice Robert...i love that color & you did a great job

Thanks Esty - I had always been in love with that 60's saddle color...

Here is another thought for anyone out of the region thinking about possibly grabbing these seats - I am happy to deliver these frames to an upholster in my area that you make arrangements with to start your project - as long as you have arranged final shipping of the seats with the upholster (burien Uphostery comes highly recommended).

or I can provide you a shipping quote as the frames (as they are already wrapped in plastic and boxed up for shipping).  As long as you agree to whatever price UPS or Fedex quotes us I can then ship them via greyhound and save you a few bucks - which I will refund for you on paypal.  Greyhound is a bit of a drive so I would need a committed sale before establishing the lower ship costs.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...