• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB OEM Roundie 2002tii alloy wheels

DRC2002

Still available new from BMW. Still manufactured by FPS. But the cast-in “FPS” has shifted from the backside (original version) to the front face (modern version). The modern version started up in the late 1990’s, and lots of us have sets comprised of original and modern versions.

The cost of a modern version is approximately equal to the cost of an original version plus straightening, truing, and refinishing.

(Not really a tii wheel, they were a factory or dealer option — dealer-only in the U.S. — for all ‘02 sub-models.)

First photo shows 4 modern versions for my ‘73 tii. Second and third photos show an original version that must now serve as the spare (even the Wheel Collision Center, in Bath, PA, was only able to coax it back to the outer edge of the “true” range.)

Regards,

Steve

2C698B47-FFC7-4528-AE84-169771511FCB.jpeg

5CFE9628-DF1A-4017-AC2C-5C3DDE04F730.jpeg

F68C9603-D23E-45FA-B0CC-672DEF970ED2.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Conserv/Steve,

Thank you for those details and pictures regarding the old and new factory allow wheels that are part # 36111107915.

Year ago I had a Colorado '73 tii and I pieced together 4 original FPS wheels to have a set back then. 

I now want to put on my Golf '73 2002 rust free project car a set of 13" FPS wheels. 

I have 2 new FPS wheels but I need 2 more wheels to make a set. 

Since they are now NLA for new ones now, 

If anyone is open to sell me their spare allow wheel whether it is an old FPS or new I would be thrilled. 

Maybe someone has a full set that they have sitting around and realize they never want to go back to a small 13" wheel again?

Please reach out to me and I can pay through Paypal, Venmo, Credit Card, etc. for the 2 wheels I need. 

Thank you again. ?

• Like 1

Update on the search for original '02 alloy wheels for my '73 Golf 2002.

I have purchased 4 used alloy wheels from an enthusiast in Germany.

The wheels are the original style of FPS wheels made in the 1970's.

They have been in storage since the 1980's.

They will need to be taken to a wheel repair shop to refurbish them and fix all the years of wear, scratches, bends, and dings etc.

Conserv/Steve mentioned the "Wheel Collision Center" in PA.

I did talk to them in the past when I was looking for wheels to purchase.

I would like to get some good recommendations on wheel repair/restoration shops.

Has anyone had a good experience with a wheel repair shop that did a great job restoring alloy wheels?

I am located in Utah but I am happy to ship my new, used wheels to anywhere in the country that has a high rating by others.

Thanks again for all of your interest in looking at this post and especially to Conserv and Bluntec in responding to this post and giving their great insight.

Respectfully,

Dan

• Like 1