• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exhaust question

Gh356

• 3 months later...

@Gh356I’m about to remove my nearly new IE exhaust— It’s too quiet for me (was put on by previous owner), currently researching how to get it back to its rowdy persona when i owned it the first time over 10years ago.

I live in Pasadena. Let me know!

• Like 1

'70 2002 "Mrs. Bobbie Markowe"

As detailed elsewhere, I fought the IE resonator rattles on my 74tii for a few years.   This spring I had it cut out, discarded, and and replaced with a glass pack muffler.  Since then it has been awesome.  I have the tii manifold.  But twin Webers, not injection.  Runs great.  Nice burble but still plenty civilized.  I sometimes miss the Ansa snap crackle and pop but not usually.  Toying with the idea of a vacuum cut-out just for hooligan moments.  

Mars Attacks!

marsattacks.jpg

On 7/3/2021 at 4:56 PM, poindexterity said:

@Gh356I’m about to remove my nearly new IE exhaust— It’s too quiet for me (was put on by previous owner), currently researching how to get it back to its rowdy persona when i owned it the first time over 10years ago.

I live in Pasadena. Let me know!

@poindexterity since I used to own your car back in the late 90’s early 2000’s, I can tell you what exhaust you had before. It was Monza and that sucker was mean sounding. My friends said it reminded them of the Ferrari in Ferris Bueller.  If you look at the photos below, you will see the tapered exhaust tip and the engine shot shows a Monza sticker next to the eibach sticker.
Ever since you told me you got old blue back I started looking for an 02 and got one to work on with my oldest son. I’m in the market for that IE exhaust, maybe I can run down to Pasadena and pick it up.  PM me if you want to cut a deal. 

15E2524C-2B7A-4D05-BECD-85414E2E168A.jpeg

A47A36C1-D77B-41D1-97C3-2C188371CA33.jpeg

Edited by gruizer

On 7/3/2021 at 5:57 PM, Marsattacks said:

As detailed elsewhere, I fought the IE resonator rattles on my 74tii for a few years.   This spring I had it cut out, discarded, and and replaced with a glass pack muffler.  Since then it has been awesome.  I have the tii manifold.  But twin Webers, not injection.  Runs great.  Nice burble but still plenty civilized.  I sometimes miss the Ansa snap crackle and pop but not usually.  Toying with the idea of a vacuum cut-out just for hooligan moments

My resonator is driving me nuts. Which glass pack did you end up using?

I have a Weber 32/36. Should I worry about any change in performance if I go with the glass packs?

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.