• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Door Vent Windows

RMBaiada

I am rebuilding my 1974 BMW 2002 (VIN 4223665 ), which I purchased new in 1974, and getting closer to the finish. I am now working on the door vent windows and had some questions.

To replace the vent window seal, I have read that you first pull the glass from its frame and bend the frame out of the top pivot point. 

1. How hard is it to pull the vent glass from its frame? Is there a trick to this?

2. When reinstalling the vent glass, is there something between the vent glass and the vent frame, and if so, what is the part number?

3. Do you glue the vent glass into the vent frame, and with what glue?

So far, I have installed the fully reconditioned drive train, electrics, all the mechanicals, 14” powder coated 320 wheels, new tires, new electric fan, AC condenser, new radiator, dashboard (with Dash Cap), headliner, the windshield/rear window and Malaga paint. The doors/hood/trunk are painted and the interior is complete, all waiting to be installed. Also, the engine is ready to start after a full rebuild and is just waiting for the engine builder to make it happen.

Any help is appreciated.

Michael