• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB: 2002 near me

Fletcher

Price: $3850

Description:

Well for the time being I'm stymied in my pursuit of a 2002 to make the focus of all the time I'm not wasting on social media anymore.  

I had intended - this week in fact - to drive to California and pick up a surface-rusty but structurally sound mint green 1976 2002 sans engine/trans/driveshaft (those pieces were being provided separately - not installed), but this damnable pandemic is exploding there and it was generally deemed a bad idea.   

That aside, if I'm honest with & of myself, my skills as a mechanic are non-diagnostic in nature.  Given an obvious problem (brakes, alignment, starter motor), I can and have followed YouTube videos and other online instruction recipes to successful repairs, but I in no way have any of the experience or knowledge necessary to put an engine, transmission and drive shaft back in a car, redo all it's connecting bits and then know why it does or doesn't work.   So, even if I had gone and got it, I'd now be in a pickle trying to figure out even where to start.

What I need is

• a mechanically complete car (that is perhaps aesthetically challenged)
  • one that is near me here in Federal Way, WA
  • one that is being sold for next to nothing (the aforementioned Mint Green beauty was a mere $3K)

If my searching to date is any guide: This is the land of pure unadulterated fantasy.  

But I really want to be part of this community and have an 02...

Thoughts?  Guffaws?  Psychiatric recommendations? ?

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Confused 1