• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fixing a Moscovitch in Guantanamo

kiva667

A friend of mine showed up at my house  with a faulty distributor- I don’t know what he did but he took the distributor apart, stuck a rolled-up piece of paper in it, and got it going.

Gave it a couple whacks with a hammer, too.

My Contribution was pointing out an oily rag left in the engine compartment near some unwrapped wires and pointing out that there might be a fire hazard. Laughs all around and rag quickly removed.

EFCF664E-021F-489A-BD20-0433B69564BF.jpeg

• Like 2

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"

The real fun with these cars is that most of them have plastic  jugs in the trunk with a hose that runs to the engine- instant gas tank. The original tanks rotted away in the last century.

Now that I think about it the paper was more folded than rolled up - most likely to approximate the gap in the points ?

Edited by kiva667
  • Like 1

1967 2000 #1326213 SOLD / 1972 2002 Verona - insurance loss / 1962 700 Luxus SOLD / 1975 530i Malaga SOLD

http://nk2000project.blogspot.com/

"Rust Never Sleeps"