• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

... but why?(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

capt.nyet25605251414.most_stolen_vehicles_nyet256.jpg

Anyway, so last year the 95 Saturn SL was the nation's most stolen vehical.. why is it so desireable to theives?

Guest Anonymous

and just think how easy it is to swap those plastic panels on and off...

Same reason Olds Cutlass Supremes used to be on that list, and Camrys, and Accords...

Tim

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

italian.jpg

engine management computer is stolen from them. Someone found out that if you plug one from a 6 cyl Montero into a Mitsubishi Mirage (4cyl) it will increase its HP.

If you go to, say, the local airport parking, there is space reserved only for Monteros because of that. They have guards exclusively for watching over them. Have a couple of friends who found out that their computers had been stolen when they could not start their Monteros.

Guest Anonymous

they are sooooo easy to work on. my girlfriends old sl got broken into and we went to a salvage yard to get all of the replacement parts. we spent a total of $35 and fixed the car in the parking lot. very simple, durable cars.

Guest Anonymous

replacements are north of $500 due to the major curves on the glass at the sides. installers hate them, and won't guarrantee even getting one out of a car intact.

Guest Anonymous

registered cars it's the highest. Numerically, normally the '89 and '90 Camrys are the most stolen in pure quantity.

Guest Anonymous

"If I'm going to steal a car, I'm going to drive it fast and carelessly. If

i'm going to drive like that, my chances of crashing are likely better.

Hence, I should steal something with a good safety rating."

i bet thats it.