• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Springs cut!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

First I had to make some spring compressors.. last time I used these huge hose clamps I found and that wasn't fun. I just used two long carrage bolts and some scrap metal. Worked perfectly. :]

After I got them off, I started hacksawin em and after about 5 min and 1mm of cutting, I gave up that idea. I ended up using my dad's cut off saw with a metal cutting disk on it.. cut trhough them like butter. Hardly got hot at all. :] Shot the ends with some black spray paint I had lyin around to keep rust away. I only cut one coil off, but I'll still have to be careful when jacking it up to make sure the springs go in right when I put it back down.. Should I use wire and wire the springs to the bases to keep them in place? I've heard of people doing that before.

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

The yellow one? Nooo, it's mine! haha. It was free, but cost 120 in gas to drive 12 hours to get it! I can't wait to get it on the road. :]

Guest Anonymous

on the spring perch--you'll need to heat it with a torch and bend it to match the original end--then quench in oil so as not to lose the spring's temper.

Mike