• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Some guy turned in front of me today, and I slammed on the brakes (yes the clutch was in) and the car stalled. I restarted it and went one block (no shifts) to my friends house. When I went to leave like 2 hours later, the car stalled whenever the choke knob was in farther than the detent. It had full power when I Was on the gas, but if I put the clutch in it'd die.

I got home and messed around a little, and took the air cleaner off and started it and it made a big noise (backfired out the carb?) and ran fine. I put it back on, and it runs fine now. What the hell?!

Also, what does the little square opening on the top of the carb do? It has a little box over a tube? Not the valve cover vent tube.

-Patrick

Guest Anonymous

could have shaken some dirt loose in the tank (although the filter should take care of that but you might check), or maybe your float-bowl has a bunch of crap on the bottom that was stirred by your hard braking, plugging a jet for a bit.

Guest Anonymous

probably clogged the idle jet until it fell out...just went thru the saame thing--pulled the idle jet and found a piece of fluff intermittently blocking the jet; poor to no idle.... Removed fluff, runs fine now.

Mike