• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just picked up my 76 (thanks SO MUCH, DAVE!) and I was planning on selling the 73 and putting the money into the 76. Problem is, I've put a lot of money into the 73.. S/T swaybars/springs, Blist HD shocks, SS break lines, Webber45/Lynx/RamFlow intake, 320is radiator, urathane bushings, new clutch slave.. list goes on and on. The bad thing is the car is kind of a wreck. It has rocker rust, the pedal box has rusted through on the bottom (still works well though), rusty rear wheel arches, driver side rear quarter is a little wrinkly.. but that's not the worst part. The nose is smashed in on the passengerside. The frame rails and inner fenders are fine, but the nose is shot. I have a new/used one for it, and a hood too, but both need prep work before being ready to put on the car. And I have no time/money/tools to do it.

So here's my delema. Should I part out my beloved 73?? Should I just put all my parts on the 76 and try to restore the 73 back to drivable condition and sell it that way for what I can get? Should part out the 73 and give away the shell/title to someone willing to take on the rust/nose problem?

I know I won't get much money for it the way it sits, even with all the upgrades..

What do you guys think I should do?

The sooner I decide, the sooner I can be driving the 76, so I need to hurry up and make up my mind. :\

Guest Anonymous

Straight roundie shells are still not worth a whole lot in the west, rusted and bent ones even less. Put all yer stuff into the 76 and move on.

Guest Anonymous

Maybe even tear the little bumpers off the 73 and you can fool yourself everytime you walk out to the 76... It's a shame that $3K into a $3K car doesn't make a $6K car... but it's the world we live in... (tear*sniff*)

Matthew debating-if-my-02-project-is-worth-it Peterson

(I usually think it is)

Guest Anonymous

vote for moving everything to the 76 and selling the 73's shell to someone who can benefit from it.....