• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 is back on the road after a year!

SoFlo 02

Just finished getting the engine sorted out and suspension put on

The car had about 40,000 miles when I bought it (still does)

Everything besides the paint and the interior was original, so when I bought it A LOT of things started breaking and showing their age! The tires alone were older than I am, and I’m 23

Next up cooling overhaul as well as weather stripping

Glad to be back in the community!

-Shamus

e64556cb2197ccb4089b0d2c7dcfaabe.jpg

123f104fe459beac4cbdfb2f9328a599.jpg

5169bda7e1a31651385d647554640aa2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 7

Congrats!!! It's such an awesome feeling to drive your car for the first time in a long time. She looks great too!

It really is! I live in Florida and I don’t even care that the car doesn’t have A/C, it’s so much fun to drive

Hey. It’s a shitty old car. [emoji854]

Just kidding. I saw your FB post on the Rev page.

Congrats on getting it road worthy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
What I heard all weekend:
“It doesn’t have A/C or a radio. It’s so loud. These seats are comfortable except I can feel every bump on the road. Why are people taking pictures of it?”

• Like 3

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
What I heard all weekend:
“It doesn’t have A/C or a radio. It’s so loud. These seats are comfortable except I can feel every bump on the road. Why are people taking pictures of it?”

Haha! My Ex used to say the same things as your friends.

Fortunately, my wife loves riding in the 02. She even encouraged me to semi-restore it a few years ago.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

10 hours ago, jmr_1602 said:

Haha! My Ex used to say the same things as your friends.

Fortunately, my wife loves riding in the 02. She even encouraged me to semi-restore it a few years ago.

I must be getting old (or maybe I've just been married for a while) but I translated that into 'make it a little nicer so it's more comfortable to ride in.' Something like that- the translations from female to male are rarely straight-forward...

And OP, car looks great.  And it's such a great feeling knowing that it's running because you fixed it.

Edited by irdave
On first cup of coffee.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I must be getting old (or maybe I've just been married for a while) but I translated that into 'make it a little nicer so it's more comfortable to ride in.' Something like that- the translations from female to male are rarely straight-forward...

And OP, car looks great.  And it's such a great feeling knowing that it's running because you fixed it.

I probably made it more uncomfortable. Front coilovers, bilstein sports and a loud ANSA exhaust. Until we had our baby, she’s the one who would suggest taking the 02 out. [emoji23]

OP. Sorry for highjacking.

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602