• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ITB prep

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

What do I need to do to get my car ready for ITB racing. I plan on leaving a freshly rebuilt motor I have "stock" as it is now... no new mods. What is the minimum i can do to the brakes and suspension to have a safe car to learn in, without getting completly smoked by the top cars. I don't plan on skimping on safety... but need to keep the suspension and brakes low cost.

Thanks

Jared

Guest Anonymous

since it's a tightly- held SCCA trade secret!!!

It'll tell you all you need to know, and less.

You should really go look at cars in your area (where are you?) to see what others are doing, and how legal it is.

Realistically, you can put in a cage, fire bottle, seat, and get a suit and you're 'ready'- but there are a hundred details- a kill switch, a seat back support, blah blah blah....

Around here, ICSCC 'production' classes are the way to go- but they're a regonal thing.

hth,

Toby

Guest Anonymous

Do as Toby says and but the GCR. Read the rules, read the rules, read the rules. A 2002 is a very competitive car in ITB. Brakes are the biggest problem. Make sure that every thine in the braking system is up to spec. Oh and read the rules. Good Luck G