• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Speaking of the price of our little cars, well since the 10K

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

It's not until you actually go looking for a clean, well-kept, tasteful car anywhere other than California that you realize just how rare the above is. People undervalue the cars until they try and find themselves a nice one, and then bitch and moan about how much all the good ones go for, while their $500 tii has no floors or rockers.

I've been saying good 02s are hard to find cheap for years. :)

Sam

Guest Anonymous

02 on ebay. I just so two in my local paper a roundie and a square, one for 5.5k and the other one for 5k respectably all it said was nice shape, clean car. So I think we in general undervalue our cars, and they keep getting harder and harder to find nice ones. I think in time everyone will know th actual value of our gems.

74 TII diamond in the rough

Guest Anonymous

One thing to add.

Amercian cars are american cars. There is no doubt what a 72 convertible Cuda or a 69 Selby will go for. Those cars are classic American autos that have benchmarks. Also, they are relatively easy on the wallet to resto; aside from the hard to get pieces. Also, there is a huge unappriciation of our cars because they are not the American Muscle car. I've lived on the coasts for my whole life and there is a vast array of interest in all old cars on the coast. However, in middle America, a bmw is considered by many to be one of those foreign cars regardless of its history, appeal, etc, etc.

With that said, any car will go for a reasonable price at some point to the right buyer. Fortunately for the guy who sold the $10k 02, there were a few "right buyers." But I highly agree that as each day passes, our cars gain value. But as far as the classic car market goes, when in Rome . . . the muscle cars have the US market. Even though I think they are fools!!

Just my opinion

Guest Anonymous

Exterior+03.jpg?bcz8pq8A70cfIJ7f

URL: http://www.bimmers.com/02/sale/cgi-bin/showad.cgi?../carsale+2002-079-16-13-58.db

I have my 1973 2002 Automatic for sale for $2200 and maybe I am asking too little? Just got the mechanics report back:

- full service & tune-up required,

- trans mount & flex disk are old,

- transmission leaks, and...

...that seems to be about it.

I have a reputation of informing buyers exactly what to expect and to make sure the things that should be done are completed... so I authorized the full service and the transmission seal leak repairs. The trans mount and flex disk are not required now or even at the next service. Other than that, the car is getting some much needed love and a clean bill of health. The paint is bright, the interior is fine and everything but the turn signals work. Maybe $2200 just isn't enough? Am I really that out of touch with the market?

I honestly didn't buy it to do anything other than to assure it went to a good home. I figure I might lose about $250 in the end.

Pictures were taken by the previous owner at their home in Poway CA. After I cleaned and waxed the car it looks amazing. Check out the old description at the link (a lot has changed for the better since then).

Brian

Guest Anonymous

I have always said it, these cars appear to be underpriced. If you got a 2002 in decent shape considered yourself lucky, there are not that many around any more. Price is supply vs demand. We should all rejoyce when someone pays top dollars. Bottom line: people are finding out that the experience of driving an 02 is priceless...

Michael

72 tii

Guest Anonymous

the Europeans like twisties.

Has a lot to do with taxation as a function of engine displacement, too. Europeans pay a LOT more for gas (and have done so for MANY years) and thus fuel economy is a priority for your average Joe (or Giuseppe, as it were). I have yet to see an American car with panache...

Marty