• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

radiator replacement

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I've looked through the archives for alternate radiators, but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for.

What is avaiable new that can be put in a 2002? Upgraded capacity is not needed. And I don't really care if it is a part intended for a BMW (gasp!). What I have leaks, and I just want one that doesn't. Less expensive, the better.

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

ready_front.jpg

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com

they fit, they work, and are utterly disposable given how cheap they are. all you need is to shorten the lower 320i hose about 3" and it installs very easily. To hold it in, all i used was some nylon tie-strap thingies and some bits of old rad hose for spacers where the rad meets the car's metal. I tripled-up the tie-straps for redundancy and strength. others use other methods which work also. i like my method because the rad went in in about five minutes and could come out in about 1 minute after cutting the straps, if needed. volvo 240 radiators also fit, im sure there are others. id head to my local pick-n-pull and see whats out there.. find me a mazda 323 rack-n-pinion while youre at it ;)

-Rob

Guest Anonymous

You have "basically" 3 options.

1.) Get your current radiator recored. 3 row!

2.) Use a bmw e21 320i radiator.

3.) Use a Volvo radiator.

HTH,

Lyle

Guest Anonymous

can clean, repair leaks and pressure test for less than $50... just had that done on a spare radiator I had and it's working fine.

Mike

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

to retain originality- have Curt Ingraham redo your rad- he makes it into 3 row and retains original dimensions. His radiators are well known and respected. Work is top notch. I had him redo my Turbo rad, and it looked like brand new- except it is now 3 row instead of oem 2 row. cheapest 320 rad, new: guess you need to shop the net. i used to get a great deal from a place that i heard raised prices. I would not buy a used rad. But, i am very careful about engine cooling- maybe too careful. Good luck- archives on both boards filled with 320 i rad conversion info.