• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

battery relocation questions

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

If anyone has a more detailed explanation of the process of relocating the battery to the trunk, like how to remove back seat, where to mount terminal box, the wiring details under the hood etc. I would really appreciate some help. I just got a nice cable with the junction box for the fire wall on Ebay and I will be making the change as soon as I am confident of my ability to not screw it up.

Guest Anonymous

Feb04_tii_001-392x249.jpg

URL: http://www.geocities.com/karlkarlb/BMW.html

Here is Keith's description of the engine compartment end of the relocation:

Keith's description

As for the rear seat, the seat bottom just pulls right up. There are 2 clips that keep it in its place, but pulling right up will pull it out.. Remove the bottom and there are 2 brackets that are screwed in to the rear of the car that hold the seat back in place. Once you remove the 2 screws, lift UP on the seat back and it will come out.

Guest Anonymous

That someone out there has a Web site on; it uses two smaller batteries. Search the archieves.

I mounted the block near the distributor on the passenger side.