• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"New Chat" issues

1.) It would be nice if we could get the badge back next to the chat button in the menu bar indicating how many people are in the chat.

2.) There doesn't appear to be a list of people in the chat room anymore? It used it be on a sidebar.

3.) The topic post notifications in the chat are too prominent and drown out actual chat. The text should be a lighter color and a smaller font. They should seem like "background activity".

'74 Verona

• Administrators
36 minutes ago, flagoworld said:

1.) It would be nice if we could get the badge back next to the chat button in the menu bar indicating how many people are in the chat.

2.) There doesn't appear to be a list of people in the chat room anymore? It used it be on a sidebar.

3.) The topic post notifications in the chat are too prominent and drown out actual chat. The text should be a lighter color and a smaller font. They should seem like "background activity".

The software has changes and thus have the features.  This chat is very simplified.  The software works differently. There is no more of joining the chat room, so everyone one is always in it or not in it. 

I will look into #3, i might disable that if i can.

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

16 minutes ago, steve k. said:

The software has changes and thus have the features.  This chat is very simplified.  The software works differently. There is no more of joining the chat room, so everyone one is always in it or not in it. 

I will look into #3, i might disable that if i can.

steve k.

Doesn't IPB 4.0 come with its own chat feature? I see you're using the BIM41 Chatbox plugin instead...

'74 Verona

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...