• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know the inside/outside dia. of fuel line hose?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Is it the 5mm or 7mm stuff? Also, what about the vacuum hose for the master cylinder to the intake manifold... what size is that? Or is there a specific part number....?

Need to finally replace some hoses under the hood, on the other hand, why? The current ones are only 30 years old...

:^)

Am searching the archives...... can't find direct reference....

-Jason

Guest Anonymous

bbqdrive73.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

for the little bit of hose between the outlet of the fuel pump and carb (or return valve/regulator if you still have it) - that is 6mm ID or 1/4".

Of course, if you have a replacement carb, it could have any size inlet fitting, but should be 6mm or 1/4" barbs to match the stock pump's outlet.

For Tiis, all the rubber fuel hose is 8mm ID IIRC and you need to be sure to use high pressure hose suitable for fuel injection (should be rated for at least 75PSI working pressure). Genuine BMW-branded hose is among the best available and not **too** expensive from the aftermarket.

BTW, I think the outer diameter of the 8mm ID hose is about 13mm.

regards,

Zenon

Guest Anonymous

Of course it happens that way... :^) I am traveling and can't look on my car...

Thanks folks, I appreciate your feedback. I will see what I can find...

-Jason

Guest Anonymous

"" Also, what about the vacuum hose for the master cylinder to the intake manifold... what size is that? Or is there a specific part number....? ""

The vacuum hose to the brake booster (not master cyl) is a special type that won't collapse. Don't try to use any hose not designed for this use. The size is 12x19.

BMW sells it from bulk by the meter as part # 34 33 1 115 926

The BMWNA list price is $28 for OE hose.

Aftermarket booster vacuum hose made by COHLINE (p/n 276.1000-8-12x19) is also available from parts sellers for a little less cost, but it does not have the nice cloth wrap encased in rubber look of the OE hose.

FWIW, Bimmer Parts Co. sells it for $21.95 a meter. IIRC, the 02 only needs about 1/2 that length.