• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

After a long fight, Neal Gordon passes on.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.ea.pvt.k12.pa.us/htm/Units/Upper/computer/gordon/

I just found out that Neal Gordon died late in December. Many of you know Neal from his posts on this and the other board as NBG and Neal Briggs. He made an incredibly brave and positive stand against awful forms of cancer over the last couple of years. Though I only saw him a handful of times, through our shared interests and affinities, I felt a kinship with him.

Neal advised me even before I bought my first '02, and has been liberal with opinions, parts and technical support since then. His website (link below) hosted a great 2002 registry which was a great introduction for me to our cars and people. The registry is gone (anyone know where?) but there are a couple more neat features on the site. Neal was also a teacher and a writer; in fact I found one of his stories online tonight which really resonates. Read it at http://www.intertext.com/v6n6/something.html .

Anyway, if you are inclined, there is a memorial fund to which I'll be contributing. If you are interested in donating, let me know and I'll send details. Peace to Neal; peace to you all.

Guest Anonymous

kop3.jpg

I had been trying to contact him at his job for quite some time because I coud nto get thru at email. I now know the reason. I bought his project a few years back and kept in touch with him. I continued to go to his house and hang out and keep tabs on the Inka car he bought locally and refurbished. Really great guy. He was looking so forward in having RobT build him a Tii in CA and have it sent here to PA. I last saw him at Carlisle the year before last. He will be missed. Never did get to show him my latest project.

nf

'73 2002 (neal g's old car, maaco red)

'73 2002Tii