• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

exhaust from Hell!!!!

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

This is to inform you of my exhaust dilemma. I have Bav Auto Headers, Ansa center and Tii rear. Center cracked at pipe so time to get new. I have a 2.29 stroker so exhaust was last thing to upgrade since I knew it was too restrictive. Decided to go with an all stainless system from Stebro. Ordered that in September for about $500 shipped. After 1 month, no show. Called them and they said it has been shipped. Week after week of calling they sent another one(2 months later) and only the center showed up in December(+ $58 customs bill from carrier never mentioned by Stebro). After calling again and again they said they shipped another(1 month later) and that never showed. Tracking #s given didn't work. Finally got tired and canceled rear since It Would Never Show Up!!!!! Not too happy with service. Not too happy with center. It is very heavy 304 stainless and the 3 bolt flange connector is not bevelled to match the flare(possible wear item). Tubing bends are pressure bent and not mandrel. Finally after researching exhausts, have decided to go with Ireland Engs muffler set 2.25." Bav Auto sells Skorpion exhaust system(all stainless) for 2002 but it's about $650. Ireland Eng also has all stainless system for $500. Supersprint(not stainless only internals) is $337 for rear + $45 for shipping. If I would of known Ireland had system I would of gone with them in the first place. After thinking that I was going to get my exhaust ASAP I repaired the center by cutting and reflaring inlet and taking off Tii rear, swapping with my fathers Bosal rear and have been driving around with a hole in the rear and center to rear connection rigged up with extensions from Pep Boys. Talk about Rice sound!!

Guest Anonymous

like what you'd expect from BMW, perfect fit, nice exhaust note. You will need to extend the downpipe about 12" to make it fit. About $550 from the usual suppliers.

Regards,

John N

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

i dont think anyone has done it yet. probably have a set bent up by a muffler shop for what you are going to spend on a SS system. exit out pax side- who cares about them- keep heat away from you. OR: Turbo exhaust system, OR Irelands SS system. If you encouter any more breaks, i have metal mesh section, 12 inches long,.....standard.jpg....and here....standard.jpg..... that eliminates the twist on the hard attached parts aft in the system. It has preserved my Sahara exhaust for years now. I was breaking connections alot from straight pipe plus glass pac custom system . good luck whichever way you go. 2.29 sounds impressive- stroker, i imagine. Fun torque. enjoy.

Guest Anonymous

on a white track car. The passenger rocker was cut out where the pipe came thru- It was awesome. Anyone else know the car? Also had killer 3 piece rims.

Guest Anonymous

because the turbo had a different header/downpipe assembly, you need to have a muffler shop weld on an extension to yours. Also be sure to order a new flange and metal 'asshole' if you get the muffler. The turbo uses much larger pipe and your old stuff just won't work.

Cheers!

John N