• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which repair manual should I get

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hello-

I have a '72 round tail light 2002.

I've read several posts about repair manuals. It seems like most people prefer the original blue manuals. Someone also mentioned that a CD is available directly from BMW.

Which repair manual should I buy? I'd also like a listing of parts. Which listing is best? What vendors sell these books?

Thanks,

Peter

Guest Anonymous

Mobile Traditions reprint. Check on eBay they come up reasonably regularly. For a parts manual, I really like the Mobile Traditions CD. It is much much easier to search than the paper reprint and you get the listings for all the 'historic' vehicles (most everything built before 1990).

Cheers!

John N

Guest Anonymous

You can enlarge the pictures to get more detail and print them out of you want hard copy. Related sections are hotlinked so you can print out everything you need then head to the garage. OVer time, you'll end up with hardcopy of any pages, but you still have the CD.

The specifications section on CD is sort of hard to work with and that would be better in book form.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

about 2 volumes?? i still would like to see them side by side to see if my single volume is missing anything. I wonder if the 2 volume person was referring to the companion "parts manual" that looks similar. Oh well: to the questioner- get that Blue manual if you can :it is the best source for home repair- if you like to work with a book rather than a CD, Haynes is good, and there are a couple other off-brand repair manuals that have been published over the years. Do an Amazon search under BMW 2002 repair- you will be surprised at the amount of books out there, used and new for sale.

Guest Anonymous

no parts manual. There's plenty of room in either binder to fit all the pages from both, so I'd guess that BMW's intent was to leave room for updates and appendixes.....