• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02 Q's

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for the advice on the bushing, i was afriad i was going to ahve to fabricate one...ireland isn't too far, maybe top end would have them, they are real close.

I have never seen this type of adjuster, jsut the cog type. Anyway, It seems I don't have the 18 wrench required (new to metric!) so off to the hardware store.

Guest Anonymous

transitions.gif

adjusters are on back of drums, 17mm I think. soak them in liquid wrench to free them up. they are cams so turn them cw or ccw until they move freely.

oem alternator bushings available from max or bimmer parts. you might want to consider polyurethane alt. bushings which last longer.

Guest Anonymous

How do you turn the rear brake shoes in to get the drum off? I don't see any adjusters!

Second, where can i get the rubber bushing that is part of the alternator mounting...mine is quite worn and the alternator is loose.

Thanks for any advice, I'd like to inspect these brakes and see where this squeling noise is coming from..the front pads are good.