• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Leaking Wiper arms...need grommets?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Need to get a pair of these. I have traced the last inside leak to these, I think. They are not on the car at all now. Are these these a standard size that I can p/u at any local HW store? Or is my best best the dealership. There is no mention of these or diameters that I can find in any of my books.

Also, I checked the archives so all kittens should be safe

Guest Anonymous

of BMW/years. $2 ea. (or less). But if you've got water coming inside the car, replacing the windshield wiper post washers isn't going to fix it. Any water coming in through the windshield wiper posts goes right into the air plenum trough and should go out the three drip tubes in the bottom of the trough. Sounds like you've got other problems.

Guest Anonymous

you can find a similar grommet at any hardware store. You may need to remove a bit of rubber from the ID. This is what I did and it works great. Each grommet was less than a buck.

I believe these grommets allow water into the cavity where the wiper motor assembly is located. This area is already open to the elements. You probably have a leaky heater box seal or a leaky windshield. -j

Guest Anonymous

Know it's not the heater box, I just rebuilt it a week ago and it was leaking before and now after. But what I did find was a puddle of water under the dash and have only been able to trace it to these holes. What I assume is happening, is that the water is catching the lip of the metal and running towards the A post therefore leaving water on the metal dash underneath. In turn it then runs down the sidewall carpet to the floow. Window seal doesn't seem to be the problem from what I can tell. It is fairly new. What size were your grommets. Thanks

Guest Anonymous

upon further exam.Ssince I have big hands, I thought there was a metal lip under there allowing water to travel. But it turns out not to be the case as you stated. Thanks. I will get the grommets, but continue in my search for the culprit.