• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voltage Poll

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So, with your car running and under no extra load; what is the voltage running across your 02's battery?

Please state whether you have a stock alt or if it's been upgraded (please share what you've upgraded to also).

I would prefer to have actual voltmeter derived data.

I'm curious as to what the variance is between are various alt/volt regulator combos.

Anyone have better than 14 volts?

Thanks,

-J

Guest Anonymous

via my digital fluke 77 multimeter (with the professional gray cover and stand)

I just know am so bitchin looking when I whip that multimeter out in front of my electrical consultants.

Guest Anonymous

- they say an acceptable voltage output is between 13.5 and 14.8.

"If the regulator is not within this range, remove the regulator cover and adjust the armature spring tension until the volmeter reads 14.0 volts."

No illustrations or further details are provided. If you try this at home, be sure to ground the case of the regulator when you start the engine to test the output.

Guest Anonymous

operating voltage, regulated to +14.2V. I have an 80A alt. from an

E30 318 and see +14.4V at the battery.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

Guest Anonymous

13.8 volts is the max you should get..or the regulator is bad...over 13.8 volts and you start to boil the water in the battery.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.linkline.com/personal/dbarton/AdjustableVoltage.html

I came across a link for an adjustable internal/external voltage regulator for BOSCH alternators. I just wanted to see if the variance between our different setups justified the purchase. I haven't decided whether it does or not, here's the link for those who would like to know more.

Interesting to see the post that our stock regulators can be adjusted.

THNKS,-Jaycen

72 tundra tii, stock tii alt w/ external volt reg

72 agave 2002, upgraded 80-82 5-series int reg 65A alt w/ a fried voltage regulator.