• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remembering Michel Potheau

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Well gang it was exactly one year ago yesterday Jan 6th that we lost one of "our own". I don't know about the rest of you, but I miss Michel terribly. He definitely left a huge VOID in the '02 community and in the world of Bimmers in general. I meant to post this yesterday.

Continued Rest In Peace My Friend,

John

Guest Anonymous

It also has to be the place all the missing socks go. You get reunited when you arrive there. After all, it wouldn't be heaven if you had cold feet now, would it?

Guest Anonymous

John,

I never met Michel, but I did correspond with him a little, and always enjoyed seeing his contributions both in Roundel and on the various email digests we had running in the late '90s. And I bought my NOS E28 mudflaps from him after seeing yours.

Thanks for the memories.

Jake

Guest Anonymous

Gateway Tech--he knew more interesting tidbits about 2002s...for example, the early USA 02's were built in batches on the assembly line, not onesies and twosies, and the sunroof cars were also built in batches rather than interspersed. Wish I had written down all the stuff he told me, but since we were about the same age, I figured he'd be around for awhile!

We miss ya...

Cheers

Mike