• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

RHD Heater Slide Control Chrome Cover (Mystery!!!)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have what appears to be a very weird (i.e. "rare") oddity....it's a NEW chrome dual slide control panel for an early '02 dash that the heater control knobs fit through. The thing that is "weird" about this piece, is the two little white triangles that represent the "park" or "off" position are located on the "wrong side" of the slots in the chrome....sooooo, I'm wondering if this thing is made for a Right Hand Drive '02?

I went to install it this past weekend on Hugo's dash (that I reinstalled after about 1.5 years of waiting), and then the piece was "different" than the old one. I know this piece came from Germany, so I'm thinking (and so does Mike Self) that it might be for a RHD '02.

Neither of us has ever seen one before.....anyone on the list from across the ponds that can shoot me a pic of theirs? I'll gladly send a pic to anyone that might be able to help me I.D. this part. Does anyone know what the chrome covers look like on a RHD '02? I looked through my books but the steering wheel was always in the way of the covers, so I couldn't get a good luck.

Help me solve this mystery...

Thanks,

John

'72tii "Hugo" tii#129