• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anybody have pics of good fuel cell installations?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I'm just daydreaming. From reading the archives it looks like there is no perfect solution to this problem (perfect == cheap, leaves trunk space, over 10 gal capacity and does not act as a structural member like the stock tank). Filling the fuel cell from the trunk is not a concern.

I have seen a picture of the one that fits in the spare tire well - niiiice. My car will only be a daily driver/fun car so $400 is a bit steep for my purposes. I'd like to see if somebody has used one of the $100-200 fuel cells from Summit Racing. mikeS has one that he said he was going to put between the shock towers. Has anybody tried to put one near the stock tank location, or maybe under the car? I like the idea of putting thick sheet metal over the hole from the stock tank and putting some kind of protected fuel cell underneath.

Like I said, I'm daydreaming. My car needs to run first. I'm mainly concerned with safety - my 02 has been rear ended a couple times (or more) and my tank has all of these interesting dents in it.

Guest Anonymous

For better weight distribution, you can place the fuel cell between the shock towers. It gives a much better polar moment, weight distribution and safety in case of a rear impact. I have seen several cars like that and it seems to works right.

Guest Anonymous

Dsc00070.jpg

but here's mine. It's an RCI.

Dang, I need to clean out the rust, eh?

I wouldn't necessarily recommend the plastic Summit ones...

hth,

t