• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

question about the e21 alternator upgrade...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

is the alternator described in the faq write up 65A? and is it made by bosch? how much are they worth? in australia?

cheers lads

ozgeorge

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

do you have 2002, or 2002tii? that makes a difference. I guess the RHD does not make a bit of difference to the alternator- it should be clear of any stuff that is changed for you to drive down there. There is a lot of info on Bosch replacment/upgrade alternators out there- other than the FAQ submission. A standard 2002 can accept several Bosch alternators without miodification, and I have read that some guys have gone to non Bosch, USA big output alternators with a little bit of modification. Unfortuanately, everything I have written/ pictured is for an upgrade to the 45 amp tii alternator to a 65 amp Bosch. My Sahara , though, was upgraded to 65 amps in a second, by a bosch laying around. maybe a picture will reveal something...standard.jpg.....standard.jpg.......standard.jpg .... i am sorry: none of the pics reveals the model number- and my Sahara is parked 30 miles away from me right now. maybe snother board member can give you the exact Bosch upgrade model number and the model car it came from. Mine came from a 320: that is most typical source for upgraded alternator for 2002. i think the 80 amp alternators are coming from 318ti cars. not sure, definately connfirm this. You will need to give a "core" - your old alternator to defray cost. New , ( refurbished" Bosch 65 amp alternator in USA costs around 100 bucks,or less. Good luck- recommend a Google search too for this topic. Alos: go to Roadfly and ask the guys over there. Creighton knows a lot about 2002s and i am sure you will get all the info and model numbers you need quickly over there.