• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

320is steering wheel horn buttons?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a bmw steering wheel which I believe is from a 320is. I got it off of ebay a while ago and just dug it out of storage.

The weird part is I have two very different horn buttons for it. The rubberized button part of the assembly is different. One horn button I picked up out of one of my friends spare parts bins. It is definitely thicker when installed...I believe that it is made for a 320is wheel with the plastic cover over the 3 metal spokes. Like the picture on the bay area 2002 page.

I have another button, which is a lower profile. It however is missing the center plastic roundel. The roundel is a smaller diameter than the other button.

The plastic assembly of the horn button (the actual assembly which has the spring and contacts) are the same between the two buttons.

I personally like the lower profile horn button, but I need to find a center roundel for the button. Anyone know of a vendor that I can contact that would know the right bmw part #? I'd like to use this wheel and need to find a roundel before getting it recovered.

Anyone know if the 320is wheel ever came without the plastic spoke covers? Did they change over during the production run?

Thanks,

Bernard