• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

to all with webers 32/36................

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Search for "c.d.'s prescription" on this board, which is a list of all the jets you need. I had it written down, but I can't find it. Trust me, it works.

Guest Anonymous

WEBER 32/36: hesitation/secondary = absolutly NOT

Posted by: Creighton D. on 2002-05-21

.....you do not have to live with hesitation ...BUT - first check your distributor advance for free movement by twisting it by hand and observing the timing marks with a timing light.

...my WEBER prescription:

32/36

Float Level 40mm

PRIMARY

idle 60

main 140

air correction 145

SECONDARY

idle 55

main 170

air correction 175

....keep in mind that depending on how high you are (above sea level)and ambient temps, extreme cold or hot either way, these settings may need a half to full jet size up or down on Main & Air Correction.ALWAYS keep the AIR Correction jet size larger than it's mated Main jet (170 main - 175,180,190 air Corr.)

Adjust throttle control shaft (carb to firewall shaft)so it is level and straight - inline with carb, adjust with piviot bracket on firewall. Then adjust rod end (on rod coming up from pedal box to control shaft)to achieve full throttle opening on carb stop when depressing gas pedal and you looking at rear of carb to confirm full opening.

DO NOT PRESUME 'a stock rebuild" ????

this carb is so simple, but even simpler for someone to s_ _ _ up !!!

BUY & READ any of the books about WEBER carbs

>>>>>>>>>>>>>----------<<<<<<<<<<------<<<<<>>>>>>>>>------

The other major improvement is when you have the carb top section off, plug the hole in the carb that mates with a tiny brass jet in the carb top. There's only one.

Use epoxy to plug the brass tube.

It's a secondary enrichment passage, allows "course" amount of gas to be drawn on secondary opening. By closing it off you run solely on main and air correction jets. Much more precise than with passage open. Trust me, you'll grin after you feel improvement !!

-------------------------- <<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>------------

Go to Pierce Manifold link below , order "complete " carb overhaul kit, some extra top section gaskets, and order a How To Weber Book from them. You'll be an expert in no time.

^^^^^^^^^^>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

0o=oo==o0

Trust Me.

Creighton Demarest

76 2002 # 2743711

I what to hear how big your grin was after these changes

Link: one stop WEBER store: PIERCE MANIFOLD

Guest Anonymous

bbqdrive73.JPG

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

with a round toothpick, carefully cut to length to jam against the bottom of the passage the orifice is at the top of. No glue, easiliy reversible. Haven't felt much like reversing it, though! ;-)

I live at sea level and have a bone stock and very tired motor in my '73, your mileage may, of course, vary.

regards,

Zenon

Guest Anonymous

...Molly runs about 10:1 compression in a 121 head, with a factory 300 degree cam and Stahl header (yes, yes, I know the 32/36 isn't big enough). Here in the lowland East, I'm running 155 primary main, 165 secondary main, 160 primary air corrector, 170 secondary air corrector. And a fat idle jet.

David Roach

"Molly" (Inka 1973 2002)

"Elmo" (Diamondschwartz 1991 325ix)