• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help w/ E24 6 Series rear seats in an '02

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

After seeing how cool they looked in the '02 Replacement Seating Guide on this website, I acquired a pair of 6 Series rear seats and the center console to install in my '67 1600. A test fit wasn't very promising, as the seats seem to be too far forward, eliminating any semblance of legroom (just like in a 6 Series). It appears the Sixer seat shells, which are plastic, would require a fair amount of trimming away to fit against the '02 wheelwell area. Has anyone here done this installation? Anyone know whose car that is pictured in the Seating Guide?

I also bought the entire rear shoulderbelt assemblies from a Sixer to install also. I'll get it done by trial and error if necessary but if anyone has been here before I'd appreciate any pointers.

Richard

'67 1600 awaiting interior transformation

Guest Anonymous

As for how much, I paid $300 for the two rear seats with fold down armrest, and another $50 for the pair of seatbelts with all mounting hardware. The seats are black leather, very soft, great condition. For the front, I paid $375 for a pair of black vinyl Recaros that need to be recovered, and $150 for a pair of inertial reel seatbelts to replace the stock dangling straps. Still to come, carpeting, door panels, possibly roll cage that will render rear seat useless anyway...

Richard

'67 1600 moneypit

Guest Anonymous

the person and he said that the PO had done the install.

From what he said and test fitting my seats. You will need to trim the "ears" on the back and use bolts with washers for spacers to mount them.

HTH,

Ron