• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

aardvark 5 speed kit

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hey everyone

I looked at the 5 speed converion section here, and noticed the aardvark kit compete with everything- I've heard that the driveshaft lengths are not going to be the same from car to car, so there is never going to be a true "bolt in kit"- i'm confused!!! I want this kit for my 1600 rather than piecing everything together (I had to do to this when I was converting my mustang from an automatic to a stick, and it was a hassle!)

Any ideas?

Happy new year!

Aashish

Guest Anonymous

ludwig113003.JPG

I tried to save some money by doing the driveshaft and shift assembly cutting locally and it was a nightmare. Dave will sell you the correct parts and will offer all the support you need to get your car rolling. He is one of the Good Guys we '02 owners are lucky to have.

Guest Anonymous

His kit is very complete it even has the little 10" wires made up to extend them to the back up light, Dave knows 02s and will be there to work out any difficultys

Guest Anonymous

you and sell you just the parts you need should you decide to buy any on your own. I have also read the verbage at the Top End web page about "no 2 drivelines will be the same length, anyone who sells you a pre-fabed kit does'nt know squat about 2002......." This should only be true if the car has been in a substancial collision. In therory, if you measure the additional length difference between the tranny that is going into the car and the one that came out, this should be the length to shorten the new driveline.

Guest Anonymous

how the hell does BMW make one driveline fit all our cars?

I too bought pieces from Dave for my 5-speed conversion. Great guy, great service, fair prices.

John N