• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fix dimmer switch?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I just put in a turn signal switch I got on ebay, to fix my high beam problem. Basically, the high beams would not go on, though they would flash if I pulled the stalk toward me. Now, I have the opposite problem; the highs are always on; it seems this switch is very sensitive, if you hit a bump, it toggles the brights on. Has anybody ever fixed this situation? I can't figure out how to open the switch to figure it out (like I did my flasher relay for example). I really don't want to buy a brand new one ($100 or so) if I don't have to...

THANKS!

Guest Anonymous

I know, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and get a new one! Hey Give bimmer what she wants for Christmas Shes giving you a hint.

Guest Anonymous

position is either weak or broken. E-mail me offline and I'll look at a spare one I have tonite and see if I can spot something that might be wrong...

cheers

Mike

Guest Anonymous

. . . you might learn enough to fix the eBay switch. Combine parts to make one good switch. I took one apart awhile back but the nylon plastic part was in pieces, which = junk switch.

Guest Anonymous

... coincidentally, I thought of the same thing. Basically I drilled out the two metal studs that appear to hold the whole thing together. It's dirty, but nothing appears broken. I'm going to try to clean it up really well, then epoxy it back together or maybe some small screws. Pretty amazing they get $100 out of these things; there really isn't much to it. Also, it would be better if it wasn't more or less permanently sealed!

THANKS