• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Poll: How many 02s have you totaled?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

On the way to work today (in the tii/A4) I cruised down the street with a pastleblau 75 or 76, much the one I owned from 1983-85. Made me realize I've put two of these beasts down myself (one my fault, one the other driver's fault). The pastleblau and Jadegrun 74 2002.

What's the record out there?

Guest Anonymous

ever drive a 2002 at redline until the enevitable? I did, took about 55 minutes. Thought everything was fine until I started it the next morning ouch!

Wreck was the result of someone turning left across my path at an intersection, panicing and hitting the brakes so the car stopped right into my path. Ouch!

Guest Anonymous

...brand new '87 325is on a test drive. The salesman was with me. It wasn't a total loss, but my ego sure was.

$3,000 in repairs. My insurance carrier cancelled me, even though I was never issued a ticket.

Delia

Guest Anonymous

I would love to have saved them, but they were mostly bondo already when I got them.

I do feel really bad about the 75 Verona, especially since it was my first car.

But all of those are in my current project, a least a piece from each one, with spares.

Lars

Guest Anonymous

Really just my 71 that was hit and tweaked the body. themn my 70 that was to rusty. Ive helped with the disassembly of 3 other 2002's.

Andy

Guest Anonymous

I sure have pushed some of them really really hard though! They are just too familiar to me, I always know exactly what they will do!

Guest Anonymous

I made a salesman (it was his first day on the job) scream like a 7 year old that just won a pony at the county fair in a new e30 m3 but never traded paint....Marty....