• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Used Bilsteins... now what to do.....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I picked up a set of Bilsteins (front and rear) for $150... yeah, I couldn't believe it either. They gave me the fronts with the entire strut housing and steering arms. Now I need advice on removing the collar holding in the struts. They're not the factory ones, something I haven't seen before. It should take nothing more than a spanner wrench, it has the notches for one. Or is there a special tool, cause no shop here has a spanner wrench. And, how do I know if I got HD's or Sports?

Thank You Everyone,

Ryan

Guest Anonymous

When you receive new shock inserts fr Bilstein you get the spanner with them. To get the "right" tool ask someone that will let you borrow one, or order one from bilstein. Sorry I dont have one!

Guest Anonymous

struts but not anymore. Anyway you could use a monkey wrench or even a punch, is usually not to tight. I have the tool.. I went to bilstein and pick it up.

Guest Anonymous

i got a tool thrown in with a car i bought that may be the ticket - if it looks right you can borrow it - not that big shipping should not be much

bob

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for all you responses, probably remove them via large mouth vise grips. Can I tell if they're sports by the stamped #'s? Oh, I didn't tell you guys what else was included in the $150... A set of ST swaybars...

Ryan