• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victor(Puerto Rico) just called with bad news regarding his

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Well, the car was in the body shop and had already been painted and the shop burned down yesterday!!

He has not seen the car yet, but the shop owner told him that the front of the car and the doors had been damaged.

This car, over and above being a 2002, which we all love and cherish, has a special sentimental value for Victor. At this point he does not know if it is rebuildable.

Victor will probably be offline until Monday, but he asked me to post the sad news on the boards to let all the group know and to find out any suggestions for dealing with the shop's insurance.

Thanks to all,

Guest Anonymous

no price too high. He would probably never sell it anyway. Worse case, it can live on in part in a new car if that is the route he will go. Tell him to get the insurance info from the owner an be a pitbull about the resolution of his claim.

Guest Anonymous

I HAD A TAURUS BLOW A POWER STEERING LINE AND CATCH ON FIRE !

I HATED THIS CAR AND REALLY DID WANT TO WATCH IT BURN !

I ALSO HAD FIRE INSURANCE .

JOHNNY ON THE SPOT , A GUY RUNS UP WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER - I COULD NOT THANK HIM ENOUGH .

SERIOUSLY , I HOPE IT IS NOT TOO BAD FOR VICTOR .

I NEVER LOST A GOOD ONE THIS WAY .