• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ever have an emergency flasher fail ?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

One morning I noticed all 4 blinkers were on & would not go off. Did a little archive searching & posting & ended up taking apart the relay. Then I notice the red flasher button does not stay "depressed"

I unscrew the lil' red button & manage to push down the little nipple & it finally stayed down on the 40th try. Any rebuild tips or is this one of those "gotta buy a new one" thing? Do they still make them? or do I need to go to a pick N Pull? any other types fit like a bavaria etc ? thnx all

John L

Lafayette Hill PA

(with peeling clear coat on a straight, rust free body)

Guest Anonymous

I posted the reply about using WD40 to fix mine. Just doused it well and worked it several times, and it has stayed working now for 2yrs.

Guest Anonymous

I should also mention that my local BMW parts dealer (Rasmussen) sells them for $21.75 but they are on back order. Suppose to be in in 2-3 weeks.So if you want a new one get it before the price gets jacked up even more.