• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stupid 528 master cylinder install question (looong)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I am ready to replace my master so I figured I would upgrade. I wanted a stiffer feeling pedal and less pedal travel. I went out and bought a 528 master cylinder, I got a check valve off of a rabbit for the rear brakes and I got a couple of spltters from rear brake lines at the pick and pull as I have front volvo 4 pistons. I also plan on installing custom (cheap)rear disks soon. My question here is did I get the wrong 528 master cyl.? No one has the 4 piston type around. At least not rebuilt. And the one I have has only two outlets. This means in order to install 5 lines I have to use Three yes THREE splitters. Has this been anyones elses experience or do I have the wrong master cyl.?

Any tips greatly apreciated! Thanks

Guest Anonymous

You have the wrong one. I played this game a while back. Even with the vw valves it did not work right. I switched to a tii m/c and all is well. I suggest you do too. Peter