• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nice wheel? yes, but...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have the same wheel, and its got little grade 8.8 hex head screws around the horn button - not Phillips head screws. Also, I paid a lot less - got mine from da boys @ Max.

BTW - this is the "not-safe-for-the-US-wheel" that Mike mentioned several million posts ago.

Guest Anonymous

That was the first thing I questioned. For that much money, that one should be perfect in all respects - including the correct hex-headed mounting screws.

Delia

Guest Anonymous

accswheel.jpg

My one for Stella has hex-head screws however.

I did some research on these wheels. Manufacturer is Petri AG. They are still in business, however they don't have any more horn buttons :(

My son's wheel has the screw heads however.

DSCF0220.JPG

Here's a close up of how the screws look. By the way, that price for the wheel is not to far off. I sold one last year in the 380mm size I had that was near perfect (see pic) and a coupe guy bought it for $780 in July!!! In the old days before the Internet, I hear these things fetched $1,000 to the right collector, so don't get too bent about price.

wheel2.jpg

Keith

'74tii - Stella

http://www.my2002tii.com