• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Alignment tools

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Anybody use, or know of any good alignment tools like the smart camber/smart tool deals? Any experience with them? I want a little better method than the ol' jackstands and string method

TIA

Guest Anonymous

7950.jpg

We now use the toe plates like the picture above, and a SmartCamber tool for camber.

These tools require virtually no set-up, just need level ground to work on. And they pack up easily.

For toe, you lean the plates against each front wheel (centered by viewing the tire thru the holes), then compare the measured distance across from a tape inserted in the slots fore/aft.

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.smartracingproducts.com/ProdCat/AlSuTool/alsutools.htm

You can find the SmartCamber tool thru other vendors on sale sometimes. I bought mine direct from SmartRacing Products 'cuz I was getting one of their steering wheel quick-disconnects at the same time. Nice stuff, but a bit spendy $$$ for how simple it is. But it works + is portable.

Note that they sell the toe plates with laser & dial indicator. Some of the more well-funded guys in the paddock have these, but the $49 tape measure plates work pretty well at one-eighth the cost of the laser set.

Good stuff to watch for on Ebay.

Guest Anonymous

Wanted to know what and how you set up your exhaust out of the center bumper. I want to install a Max power DTM muffler - its sounds nice. Do you think it will work.

thank you,

Harv