• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

m20 tach...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How'd you do your m20 tachometer anybody? This is really makin me mad. I know it has to be something simple!

TIA

Curtis

72 inka m20 02

Guest Anonymous

Is it simple? It would seem to be a bit of a trick, if the M3 computer doesn't output a tach signal- you'll need an 8- cylinder tach to read the coil signal?

You could use my trick- a VDO tach where the speedo was, and put the speedo on the right. It was rather a lot of work, tho...

t

Guest Anonymous

Yeah well I sent my tach to hollywood speedo in cali and they put a whole circuit board in it so it "should plug in when connected from the tach to the 325 harness." Well i have nothing and they have no clue, plus i don't have an m3, i have an m20 harness and motor.

Curtis

Guest Anonymous

I jumped ahead to some wasted spark thing...

Sounds like a call to North Hollywood is in order- they're supposed to know what they're doing.

sorry,

t

Guest Anonymous

Curtis,

I have a 75 02 with an M20 Conversion. I sent my original instrument cluster to North Hollywood Speedo. For about 125.00 they changed the tach over to work with the new engine and harness. All I did when I got the cluster back is reinstall it and plug it in to all original connections. It has worked great with no problems for the last 18 months. Tell them what year/ model the instrument cluster is from and what year/model/engine you are converting to. Everything looks 100% original yet works with the conversion. Hope this helps. Avoid the cut, paste and hack jobs swaping over.

Tim Laskey