• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally got under the car today and I need some assistance w

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

the shifter assembly. I found that the shift lever as it comes through the tunnel under the car was contacting the driveshaft. It turns out that the support bar, for the platform, that's mounted diagonally broke and I was lucky to have an extra. So I install that and replace the worn out rubber tranny mount and find that the shift platform is still hanging low. I find that the back of the platform moves left to right perpendicular to the driveshaft. I thought that the two allen bolts above the flex disk were suspect but those checked out to be very tight. It moves a good 3/4 of an inch. Although it's not hitting the driveshaft nearly as much as it was (I had to physically hold the shift lever up while driving) it still lighty makes contact. I plan to rebuild the entire thing but want to make sure that I pick up the correct replacement part, with all the others, so that I can remedy this. Thanks in advance.

Guest Anonymous

tranny tunnel. The hole should appear inside the shift console. Insert a bushing with threaded ended or put a bolt through there with a nut, it holds the shift platform up in the rear.