• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone known where to get a new hazard switch? I was told

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

you may be able to revive it with lots of WD 40. I had that problem with my car when I got it, after sitting for 13+ yrs. I oiled the hell out of it and kept pushing it in and out, and "viola", it fixed it. Haven't had a problem in 2 yrs.

Guest Anonymous

say.. three(that I know of) types of hazard switches used. Does anyone know if the 320i switch interechanges with the square light car's?

Guest Anonymous

Sometimes these things finally get "beyond repair" as with mine (fixed it several times but it eventually gave up the ghost) . . . if you need a new one there are two types; without resistor/6 pins ('70 - '73) and with resistor/8 pins ('74 - '76) that were installed in the '02s. 2002AD, Bimmer Parts Co., Pelican Parts and Bavarian Autosport all list them (new) for around $35 - OUCH!! I am sure there are other parts companies that list them too! Hope this helps.