• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steering to the right when breaking

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Sometimes, my car pulls to the right under braking. All brakes are in good condition, the brake-test-machine shows perfect balance. Would it be possible this is caused by a miss-aligned steering-house? The tracking is OK, but the arm of the steeringhouse is not in the middle when the car is driving in a straight line. Could this be the problem?

Hugo

Guest Anonymous

You might have a sticking caliper or bad brake hoses. It is one of the two. Check if you have the rubber hoses that they are not sort of deformed. Check also the your busings etc..

Guest Anonymous

It was the BIGGEST and Easiest improvement that I have even done to any car. Major brake pedal now and gives you a bit more confidence in the late braking corners

Guest Anonymous

When your brake, the soft brake line wil "inflate" and "absorb" the pressure. And the caliper will not work as expected. One remedy only: new brake lines.

Guest Anonymous

That's why I'm asking. All the obvious has been taken care of. The weird thing is that the inbalance also doesn't show up on the brake-o-meter (don't know the term). Left and right brakes are in perfect balance on the tester.