• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

is there a way to "tighten" or adjust the seat-bac

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

i've been eliminating rattles and such and the only one i have left is my passenger recaro seat. . . on bumps it seems to vibrate back and forth and sort of reverberate. . . is there a way to tighten down the pivot point so it doesnt do this? my solution currently is to put my backpack leaning against the passenger seat back, when there's weight in against the seat back it doesnt rattle for the most part.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

take all the plastic covers off and use a proper sized phillips screwdriver( large, as I recall) and tighten down all screws. They vibrate loose and are not apparent because they have the covering. I found that this "helped" with some of my Recaro grief. But, overall- most of the Recaros we use in our cars were weakly constructed and most all require a major internal redo/reweld/re-attach at some point. Unless they are covered in an extraordinary manner with perfect covers, you might consider putting the repair money towards another set of solid, straight Recaros. I have spent a lot of time and money over the years trying to "fix" my Recaros, and they are as bad as ever. Another money pit. I have Recaro SE model in my Inka and they are wonderful seats. BUT- they were not offered in 320s or 2002s. Seperate serat purchase made years ago by the builder- who already knoew about inherently weak Recaro models.these are my broken, but nicely covered recaros in my Sahara.... standard.jpg......standard.jpg... here are the Recaro SEs in black cloth....standard.jpg......standard.jpg.....standard.jpg....Good luck with your seats.